Am I eligible to be considered for assistance?
To be eligible to be considered for assistance, you need to be a residential customer of Watercare who:
Once you have been identified as eligible to be considered for assistance, your financial situation will be assessed by a budget advisory service approved by the Trust. To receive financial support, you need to:
- is an owner-occupier or tenant (landlords of tenanted properties cannot apply)
- has not expressly communicated to Watercare your refusal to pay your Watercare bill
- has generally paid your Watercare bills in the past
- has not received assistance from the Trust in the past 18 months, unless you can demonstrate extenuating circumstances beyond your control
- is prepared to work with a budget advisory service approved by the Trust
- is prepared to share your personal financial details with the Trust, including bank statements
- has agreed to Watercare notifying your landlord (if applicable) about the application as your landlord is Watercare's customer.
- be experiencing financial hardship. This means that you are likely to have difficulty paying your Watercare bills without affecting your ability to meet your basic living needs
- show a willingness to endeavour to deal with your existing Watercare debt
- appear to the Trust to be able to pay future Watercare bills if financial support is approved by the Trust.